Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Cyclist Supporting a Great Cause


Cycling is a sport that I love and it is disheartening to be constantly asked what I think of the recent news. I could dedicate a number of articles discussing my views but, if you are like me, you are probably tired of hearing the stories over and over and over.

So, this week, I wanted to dedicate my article to a good cause. A friend of mine made me aware of 100 Pedals and, after reading the story, I thought it might be good to share a positive story instead of a negative one.

100 Pedals started as a story of a son's heroin addiction, a father's love and peace and solace a father found while riding his bike. I don't know Dave Cook but I am moved by his desire to use his bike to make a difference in other young adults' lives.

100 Pedals is Dave's lessons for young adults about how to get through adversity and challenging times. His cycling rides are his commitment to:

  • Connect with people across the country.
  • Share the passion of his 100 Pedals experiences and lessons.
  • Provide tools to young adults to help them with the challenges in their lives.
  • Learn from others who are in various phases of their own unique, personal journeys.

Beginning March 17, 2013, Dave has committed to riding his bike across the country – 100Pedals Across America Spring ’13 Tour  -- where he will be speaking to young adults across the country about the power of injecting positive behaviors and activities into their lives. He will be making a documentary of his entire trip which will be both an educational, inspirational documentary and a book. 

If you can, please support Dave in the following three ways:

  1. Contribute: Your personal contribution to this 100Pedals mission;
  2. Enroll others: Please send a personal message and the link to this contribution site to your trusted connections (three to five) with a note emphasizing your personal passion for this mission to encourage them to participate, as well.
  3. Spread the word: Leverage your social media talents and skills to promote this link and my 100Pedals campaign through all your social media channels.
Please go to the following link (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/715085430/100pedals-100days-100stories-inspirations-from-the?ref=email) and find a contribution level that excites and engages you.  Then, share this link with your closest contacts along with a personal note about your own inspiration for supporting this trip and documentary. 

Dave has just under $7000 in donations to raise in the next 48 days to hit his goal. It is my desire to help and serve others and I hope you can as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment